Examples of Expert Witness Assignments
- Product liability:
- corrosion of painted aluminum on buildings
- corrosion of metal coating on roofs
- corrosion of steel fuel tank
- phosphate pretreatment failure of cast iron for air conditioner compressors
- paint failure on exterior wood door & window frames
- chemical pretreatment failure on metal HVAC parts
- failure of antimicrobial coating on ductwork
- coating failure on HVAC condensers
- rupture of plastic tank holding acid
- paint failure on nuclear plant security pods
- explosion of high solvent-content/VOC paint
- Process failure – extrusion of plastic-encapsulated asphalt
- Trademark infringement – plastic packaging
- Patent disputes/IPR:
- IPR - conductive coatings on o-rings for COEX cables
- IPR - plastic/metal laminate for automotive headlight assemblies
- IPR - lithium-ion battery materials (3 cases)
- IPR - self-cleaning automotive paints
- patent infringement - pet medication plastic packaging
- patent infringement - diabetes monitoring device
- Plastics for underwater sonar use
- Slip & fall on epoxy floor coating
- Burn case involving alcohol fuel gel
- Asbestos exposure
- Paint drying time effect on murder case
Examples of Consulting Assignments
- Multiple paint, metal coating, corrosion, and plastics projects for various industries such as marine, automotive, construction, appliance, aircraft, heavy industrial, HVAC, plastic and metal packaging, and furniture. These include new product development, process development, and failure analysis.
- Various projects involving wood, metal, and plastic materials.
- Multiple water-borne, solvent-based, powder, and radiation-cured coating projects.
- Nanotechnology projects – self-healing & super-hydrophobic coatings, and plastic nano-composites.
- Fluoropolymer coating product development.
- Development of cleaners and chemical pretreatments for metals and plastics.
- Coil coating – metals and laminates.
Example of forensic engineering to bring about a successful case resolution.
Scanning Electron Micrograph (SEM) of Manganese Phosphate Coating on Cast Iron
For assistance with your project, please contact us today.